Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mod Squad

| | 0 comments
If the 2013 Louis Vuitton runway is any indication (it is), mod is back in a big way. (Above Vuitton, Rue de Mail from style.com.) Mark Jacobs always does vintage styling to the extreme. I must admit, though, I loathe the bows. Haven't we seen enough of that? They ruin the bouffants. You'll see below, in the Vuitton ad campaign shot by Steven Meisel, 

In true homage to the 1960s, Jacobs brought back that weird, narrow rectangular heel! And I really like it.
 I could see the shoes, handbag and cropped top with a  black cigarette pant. I wonder if Jacobs was inspired by any of these little numbers,


Here is a rare and important piece of mod history, for sale right now in the shop  SOLD - a space-age Pierre Cardin mini with silver hardware and groovy cut-outs. Paired here with a Balenciaga clutch and Pierre Hardy wedges, if rectangular heels are not your thing.

0 comments:

 
Twitter Facebook Behance